What is Mutation of Lands?
Mutation means substitution of the name of a person by the name of another in relation to property in the record showing right or title to the property.
"Mutation" means alteration in the entries in the Continuous Khatian, Tenants' Ledger and Khesra Register on account of transfer of right of a person in a holding or a part there of by way of any of the following means/instruments :-
- Partition of Holding,
- Inheritance/ succession intestate or testamentary,
- Order/Decree of court under Code of Civil Procedure, 1908,
- Order/Decree of court under The Bihar Land Disputes Resolution Act,2009,
- Settlement/ Transfer/Assignment of Public Land by competent authority,
- Acquisition under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894,
- Land granted under the Bihar Bhoodan Yagna Act, 1954,
- Settlement of Homestead under the Bihar Privileged Persons Homestead Tenancy Act, 1947,
- Tripartite purchase of raiyati land for Mahadalit families under Purchase Policy, 2010,
- Restoration of land to former raiyats under the Kosi Area (Restoration of Lands to Raiyats) Act, 1951,
- Restoration of land to former raiyats under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894,
- Settlement of surplus land under the Bihar Land Reforms (Fixation of Ceiling Area and Acquisition of Surplus Land) Act, 1961, or
- Through any other means/ instrument which the Government may notify from time to time.