Trade license is a document/certificate which grants the right to operate a business or trade in a particular area for which it is issued. The State Governments issue trade license to monitor and regulate the business or trade. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Bihar trade license in detail.
Shop and Establishments Act
Regulations Under this Shop and Establishment Act lays down the following rules based on which the Bihar trade license is issued. Every establishment/shop must compulsorily be registered under this Act within 30 days of commencement of work. Shop and Establishments Act regulates the following aspects of doing business in India:
- The working hours on a daily and weekly basis.
- Provisions for spread-over, rest interval, opening, and closing hours closed days, national and religious holidays, overtime work.
- Regulation of employment norms for children, young persons, and women.
- Rules and regulations concerning paid leaves.
- Rules and conditions for employment and termination of service.
- Regulations concerning the maintenance of records and registers.
- Obligations of employers as well as employees.
- Precautions against fire, accidents, etc.
- Regulations concerning the display of notices.
- The responsibility of the employer and employee towards each other, the firm and the society.